30 by 30 Challenge!
- Organization: David Suzuki Foundation http://www.davidsuzuki.org/
- Date Published: May 7, 2013
In May 2013, over ten thousand Canadians joined the David Suzuki Foundation's second annual 30 x 30 Nature Challenge. They took to the great outdoors and shared countless great photos and inspiring stories about getting outside. And participants helped measure the impact of their green time by participating in surveys before and after the challenge.http://30x30.davidsuzuki.org/
- Organization: Childhood Obesity Foundation http://www.childhoodobesityfoundation.ca/
- Date Published: January 2, 2014
Communities can help in the reduction of childhood obesity by promoting the 5-2-1-0 rule. Every day, eat 5 fruits and vegetables, have 2 hours or less of screen time (no screen time under the age of 2), 1 hour or more of physical activity and 0 sugar-sweetened drinks.http://www.childhoodobesityfoundation.ca/elementarySchoolsAndHighSchools
Active Kids Club
- Organization: Active Kids Club http://www.activekidsclub.com
- Date Published: January 6, 2014
This website, based in the Toronto area, provides resources and information on outdoor activity ideas, including a Fresh Air Living publication and physical activities based upon the season.http://www.activekidsclub.com
Activity Finder: Nature Play Western Australia
- Author(s): Nature Play Western Australia (http://www.natureplaywa.org.au/about)
- Organization: Nature Play Western Australia (http://www.natureplaywa.org.au/about)
The Nature Play WA site has heaps of ideas for activities and adventures in your backyard, around your neighbourhood, and across Perth and Western Australia. The aim of Nature Play WA is to help parents help their children make the most of outdoor activities involving the bush, beach, and national and neighbourhood parks. Nature Play WA is devoted to helping West Australian children and their families connect with nature and help build stronger, healthier communities.http://www.natureplaywa.org.au/things-to-do
Be Out There
- Author(s): National Wildlife Federation (http://www.nwf.org/)
- Organization: National Wildlife Federation (http://www.nwf.org/)
- Date Published: January 1, 2012
The nature of childhood has changed. There's not much nature in it.http://www.nwf.org/Get-Outside/Be-Out-There.aspx
Bio Blitz - Get to Know
- Organization: Get to Know http://www.get-to-know.org/
- Date Published: January 7, 2013
"A BioBlitz is a short (usually one-day), intense team effort to discover as many different life forms as possible in one location. This often involves researchers and the general public working together to identify as many species as possible in a 24 hour period. The Get to Know BioBlitz puts a fun new spin on this concept, by offering short, youth-focused events that are all about connecting with nature through fun and educational activities."http://www.get-to-know.org/bioblitz/
Canadian Wildlife Federation Family Nature Clubs
- Author(s): Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Organization: Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Date Published: April 1, 2015
"WF's Wild Family Nature Clubs want to help you visit nature in your neighbourhood! Join them and they will:
Offer opportunities for families to explore nature! These may be as simple as skating in a community park or as structured as Project WILD training in nearby Provincial Parks.
Help you set up a Wild Family Nature Club in your community (this includes providing resources and insurance).
Connect you with a fun world of outdoor exploring.
Connect you with other families exploring the awe and wonder of the natural world.
Celebrate Urban Birds; Ideas for Celebration
- Organization: The Cornell Lab of Ornithology (http://celebrateurbanbirds.org/)
- Date Published: January 3, 2014
"Founded in 2007, Celebrate Urban Birds is a year-round project developed and launched by The Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Its primary purpose is to reach diverse urban audiences who do not already participate in science or scientific investigation. The website includes ideas for celebrations in parks."http://celebrateurbanbirds.org/explore/ideas-for-celebration/